Come Build Robots
At Ouster, we're developing advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for autonomous cars and drones. We're looking for software and hardware engineers interested in working on the systems that underpin modern robotics: high performance sensors, localization, mapping, object detection, tracking and classification. Our team is composed of engineers that wear many hats and enjoy building robots that cope with the messiness of the real world. All of us push code, some of us build hardware, and none of us wants to wait another decade for cars and drones to be driving themselves.
We are looking for a motivated Business Development Manager/Director to manage and expand our partnerships in the automotive sector - on the entire spectrum from ADAS to Autonomous Vehicles, with a focus on OEMs and Tier 1s.
- Engage with top global automotive OEMs and top AV startups to win new series production business and manage existing wins to successful SOP and beyond.
- Identify and build relationships with key decision makers and champions throughout each organizations across functions (technical, design, procurement, executive, other)
- Ensure Ouster is a candidate for all relevant RFIs and RFQs
- As applicable, respond either directly or with one of our Tier 1 partners to RFIs and RFQs
- Serve as the lead point of contact for post-win project management, coordinating with OEMs, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Tier 1s
- Manage Ouster’s existing partnerships with Tier 1 suppliers. Serve as the primary interface between the Tier 1s and our engineering and business teams.
- Develop and close new Tier 1 partnerships in priority areas
- Travel as needed (estimated 30-60% depending on the month). Attend trade shows to engage with potential and existing partners
- Scope, engage, and close other strategic ecosystem partnerships that accelerate automotive business potential
- Experience in automotive sector, fluency in automotive mentality, process, terminology, culture, and business development process
- Track record for exceeding sales and/or business development goals.
- Curious/Analytical: Able to be the customer. Understand how they think, what they want and why.
- Resourceful/Scrappy: Creative about ways to get the job done efficiently.
- Hungry/Results Oriented: Hard worker, highly motivated to learn, execute, deliver and be accountable for results.
- Organized/Diligent: Follow up regularly and maintain momentum with counterparties. Equip yourself with all required documents, tools, and methods to move the audience.
- Polished/Relatable: Manage conversations and meetings with external parties smoothly, charismatically, and with gravitas. Endeavor to avoid jargon wherever possible. Get along / resonate well with with everyone from VPs to entry level analysts.
- Self-aware/Humble: Enjoy constructive feedback (+’s and deltas), and proactively identify opportunities for self-improvement.
- Technically Proficient: Motivated to learn more about company technology and products at more than a surface level. Never gives the answer “you’ll need to talk to the technical team for that” more than once for a topic. Becomes a technical expert on any relevant area needed, and able to proficiently describe technical concepts to external parties. Technical training/education not required, but insatiable curiosity is.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an engineering field
- 2-12 years of creative, consultative enterprise sales and/or business development experience
- Experience in the automotive sector (at an OEM or Tier 1 supplier) preferred