Ouster is hiring its first customer success engineer to help our robotics customers be as successful and efficient with our lidar sensors as possible! This is an exciting opportunity to be the first person on the customer success team and help build its foundations and direction. This position will serve primarily to help our customers get up and running quickly, troubleshoot and fix any problems, track trending issues, and process all returns. These duties will be performed in compliance with policy guidelines and within timeframes as defined in the team’s SLAs and/or project requirements.
- Onboard customers after they have received their sensor, making sure they have all the tools and information to complete their projects.
- Quickly investigate, evaluate and successfully resolve customer issues with Lidar Sensors.
- Efficiently diagnose hardware, software and network related problems on a variety of platforms.
- Carry out independent research to find technical solutions where necessary. Where a solution cannot be identified, the candidate will work closely with our engineering teams, to escalate as appropriate.
- Provide advice on configuring and optimizing environments, to ensure that services are running effectively.
- Given the critical nature of the customer projects and product issues supported, after-hours and some weekend work will be required.
- Create and maintain knowledge and support articles.
Desired Qualities and Skills
- Strong experience supporting Linux environments (Ubuntu preferred)
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, VLAN, HTTP, SSL, UDP, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Resourcefulness to find solutions to technical challenges with minimal input
- Have a proven aptitude to successfully work as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills - able to effectively communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Patience - sometimes solving these issues requires multiple iterations and many hours
- Positivity & Resilience - affinity for defusing stressful situations, including ones where customers may be frustrated
- Proactive / takes ownership - if there is an outstanding issue, keeps tabs on it, and follows up regularly until it is closed out.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System)-and related robotics software tools a plus but not required