At Ouster, we're developing advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for autonomous cars and drones. We’ve developed the most powerful and capable LIDAR sensor in the world, and we’re excited to get it in the hands of roboticists around the world. We are looking for a motivated Business Development Manager to sell our sensors and gain adoption in a variety of sectors - automotive/AV, industrial automation, surveying/mapping, drones, universities and more.
- Enter frontier markets for lidar; establish and test value propositions with end users, integrators, ecosystem partners, and rest of value chain
- Qualify which frontier markets should be priorities by the business, and recommend strategies and resource allocation options to create meaningful business in these verticals
- Build ecosystem partnerships and package solutions to meet end customer needs
- Find lighthouse customers to create PoCs and establish product/market fit; work with marketing to highlight success stories
- Work with marketing to create the playbook to eventually transition developed markets to the sales team
- Serve as primary relationship holder with key account decision makers and influencers - work with customer success, and field application engineering teams to manage existing customer relationships, including answering customer questions of technical or non-technical nature to ensure successful sensor deployments.
- Attend trade shows to engage with potential and existing customers
- Identify new customer requirements and communicate to product management and requirements engineering teams
- Be highly responsive to customer needs and work cross-functionally internally to satisfy customer and grow relationship
- Maintain internal reporting/forecasting for business operations and finance teams.
- Track record for exceeding sales and/or business development goals.
- Curious/Analytical: Able to be the customer. Understand how they think, what they want and why.
- Resourceful/Scrappy: Creative about ways to get the job done efficiently.
- Hungry/Results Oriented: Hard worker, highly motivated to learn, execute, deliver and be accountable for results.
- Organized/Diligent: Follow up regularly and maintain momentum with counterparties. Equip yourself with all required documents, tools, and methods to move the audience.
- Polished/Relatable: Manage conversations and meetings with external parties smoothly, charismatically, and with gravitas. Endeavor to avoid jargon wherever possible. Get along / resonate well with with everyone from VPs to entry level analysts.
- Self-aware/Humble: Enjoy constructive feedback (+’s and deltas), and proactively identify opportunities for self-improvement.
- Technically Proficient: Motivated to learn more about company technology and products at more than a surface level. Never gives the answer “you’ll need to talk to the technical team for that” more than once for a topic. Becomes a technical expert on any relevant area needed, and able to proficiently describe technical concepts to external parties. Technical training/education not required, but insatiable curiosity is.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an engineering field
- 2-5 years of sales and/or business development experience