Come Build Robots
Ouster builds perception technology that gives a new sense of sight to the digital world, allowing these systems to see and understand our physical world. Our 3D lidar technology the will weave into the infrastructure of tomorrow, and we are shipping lidar sensors today that will grow to revolutionize transportation, mapping, security, logistics, agriculture, city planning, and more.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to drive our go-to-market efforts for key customer industry verticals. In this role, you will be responsible for researching, influencing strategy, crafting messaging, creating content, and enabling sales for each of your industry verticals. You will serve as a thought-leader both internally and externally to help guide our teams and our partners across the world to grow our presence in your industries. This is a role for a self-starter, a strong communicator, someone who is comfortable getting technical with our products, and most importantly someone who wants to have a huge impact at one of San Francisco’s most exciting startups.
- Learn - deeply understand how our technology works and all our specs, with hands on learning and from working with our technical team
- Research - be an expert in what the goals customers and prospects are trying to achieve and how we can help them get there, as well as all competitors and their value propositions
- Advocate - internally serve as the voice of your customers and help surface new products or features that will help us grow in your verticals
- Synthesize - apply your industry expertise and product knowledge to inform our industry GTM strategies and product offerings
- Communicate - define our industry messaging and our content strategies. Be the expert in how to sell to your industry customers
- Create - write compelling content, get your hands dirty collecting lidar data, and record video content that will speak to your target audience
- Collaborate - share all that you know with our sales team and our distributor partners to help them close more deals and grow our business
- 2-5+ years experience in product marketing
- Comfort with highly technical details and a strong curiosity
- Exceptional writing and communication skills. Ability to tell a compelling story of how our products solve problems for our customers
- Comfort with making polished presentations in Powerpoint
- Experience with all aspects of the product marketing role - product launches, messaging, content creation, and sales enablement
- Great teamwork and teambuilding skills. Ability to build relationships across all functions in the company
- Bias towards action -- takes an ownership mindset towards everything and willing to jump in to help other teams when needed
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, growth minded company
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with technical products and hardware products
- A passion for drones, robots, visual art, or autonomous vehicles
- Worked in the lidar, autonomous vehicle/robotics industry, or a related field
Ouster is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Ouster does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ouster also strives for a healthy and safe workplace, and prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ouster considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.