Come Build Robots
At Ouster, we build sensors and tools for engineers, roboticists, and researchers so they can make the world safer and more efficient. We've transformed LIDAR from an analog device with thousands of components to an elegant digital device powered by one chip-scale laser array and one CMOS sensor. The result is a full range of high-resolution LIDAR sensors that deliver superior imaging at a dramatically lower price. Our advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms are used in autonomous cars, drones and many other applications. If you’re motivated by solving big problems, we’re hiring key roles across the company and need your help!
We are looking for a motivated Technical Sales Manager to sell our sensors and gain adoption in a variety of sectors - automotive/AV, industrial automation, surveying/mapping, drones, universities and more.
- Engage in the a consultative, relationship-driven sales process with the highest value customers across verticals: from lead identification, to networking to decision makers and influences, to pitching Ouster’s technology in a technically credible manner, to evaluation/pilot, integration, design win, and production.
- Serve as primary relationship holder with key account decision makers and influencers - work with project manager, customer success, and field application engineering teams to manage existing customer relationships, including answering customer questions of technical or non-technical nature to ensure successful sensor deployments.
- Cross-sell throughout existing customer relationships, leveraging successes on existing projects to find new ones within the same organization
- Focus on 5-25 priority accounts, be accountable to aggressive sales goals to help rapidly grow the business
- Attend trade shows to engage with potential and existing customers
- Identify new customer requirements and communicate to product management and requirements engineering teams
- Be highly responsive to customer needs and work cross-functionally internally to satisfy customer and grow relationship
- Maintain internal reporting/forecasting for business operations and finance teams.
- Track record for exceeding sales and/or business development goals.
- Curious/Analytical: Able to be the customer. Understand how they think, what they want and why.
- Resourceful/Scrappy: Creative about ways to get the job done efficiently.
- Hungry/Results Oriented: Hard worker, highly motivated to learn, execute, deliver and be accountable for results.
- Organized/Diligent: Follow up regularly and maintain momentum with counterparties. Equip yourself with all required documents, tools, and methods to move the audience.
- Polished/Relatable: Manage conversations and meetings with external parties smoothly, charismatically, and with gravitas. Endeavor to avoid jargon wherever possible. Get along / resonate well with with everyone from VPs to entry level analysts.
- Self-aware/Humble: Enjoy constructive feedback (+’s and deltas), and proactively identify opportunities for self-improvement.
- Technically Proficient: Motivated to learn more about company technology and products at more than a surface level. Never gives the answer “you’ll need to talk to the technical team for that” more than once for a topic. Becomes a technical expert on any relevant area needed, and able to proficiently describe technical concepts to external parties. Technical training/education not required, but insatiable curiosity is.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an engineering field
- 2-5 years of sales and/or business development experience
Ouster is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Ouster does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military status, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws. Ouster also strives for a healthy and safe workplace, and prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ouster considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.