Ouster OS2 in action
- Includes built-in IMU for SLAM algorithm support
- Creates a uniformly spaced point cloud and pixel-aligned 2D camera images for more efficient data processing, faster labeling, and streamlined algorithm application
200+ meter range
See farther with the long-range OS2 lidar sensor. Fit for highway-speed autonomy and high-altitude drones.
With 128 vertical beams, Ouster lidar sensors offer the highest resolution available for superior object identification.
Powered by the L2X chip
The L2X digital lidar system-on-a-chip is the most powerful, highest performing chip we have ever designed. 2X the signal processing power, 2X the data output to power Ouster’s latest Rev 06 OS series scanning sensors.
With the L2X chip and dual returns capability, our latest sensors can detect objects through rain, snow, fog, dust, smoke, and other obscurants. The result is superior perception for any environment.
Rugged and reliable
Ouster lidar sensors are designed for 100,000 hours of continuous use. IP 68/69K rugged, waterproof, robust to shock and vibration, and temperature rated from -40 ºC to +64 ºC.
OS2 lidar beam configurations
Additional features of the OS2
- PTP and NMEA/PPS time synchronization options
- On-the-fly programming of frame rate and horizontal resolution
- Fixed angle data measurement
- Multi-sensor crosstalk resistance
- Industry-leading intrinsic calibration; no recalibration needed
- Pluggable space-style bayonet connector
- Over-the-network firmware updates
- Class 1 Eye Safe per IEC/EN 60825-1:2014
- Dual returns capability that processes strongest and second strongest return of every pixel