SLAM is one of many methods that provide autonomy to robots. As with many technologies like Artificial Intelligence, SLAM benefits from new advancements, such as lidar and edge computing, to continuously improve and push the boundaries of what autonomous robots can do.
In this webinar, we’ll show you how to use Ouster’s integrated IMU to reduce motion artifacts and noise to create a highly accurate map with Kudan Lidar SLAM.
What we’ll cover:
- How to enhance SLAM with Ouster's built-in IMU
- How and when to adjust the voxel sizes based on the operating environment
- How to enable intensity to better visualize reflective markings, including lanes, road markings, and street signs
- How to set minimum and maximum “Distances to feature points” to use
- Tips on loop closure and optimizing the point cloud map
What you’ll need to follow along:
- Ubuntu 18.04+
- All attendees will receive free evaluation software of Kudan LiDar SLAM and a sample data file from Ouster one day prior to the event
- You do not need an Ouster sensor to participate!
If you have questions about SLAM or Ouster’s digital lidar solutions, reach out, and one of our experts will be happy to help. Register below! If you wish to follow along with the webinar on your own computer, you can request evaluation software ahead of time here.